Working directly under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant will be mainly responsible for providing support to the office team in staffing, procurement, office administration and logistics for effective service delivery at the field level.
Locations: Bertoua, Kumbo, Ngaoundere and Garoua, Cameroon
Type of Employment: Salaried, full-time
Reporting: Reports to Nascent’s Field Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile and summarize timesheet records of staff in the field and submit data to head office for payroll preparation.
- Prepare contract documents and ensure they are duly signed by all parties in compliance with donor and Nascents’ procedures
- Track leave information for field staff every month and submit updates to management every 6 months.
- Assist in filing correspondences, document and other field records as per Nascents’ procedures
- Manage all procurement at field level in compliance with Nascents’ and donor’s procedures.
- Ensure the timely payment of bills and other contractual commitments undertaken by Nascent in line with Nascents’ procedures.
- Ensure that the field office is clean and conducive for both staff and other external users.
- Control the various office assets by regularly updating vehicle logbooks and asset register
- Perform annual and semi-annual physical inventory of all office assets (furniture, equipment, office and project supplies and vehicles).
- Prepare, update, and file forms for office operations.
- Oversee all travel arrangement (booking tickets, accommodation and airport transfer) for staff in the field office, country office, Consultants, Partners, Donors, etc, who are visiting the field office.
- Take care of annual Registration documents for all field vehicles and motorbikes (insurance, road worthiness etc) in collaboration with the Country Admin and Finance Assistant
- Work with the Head Office Administration Assistant, Administration Coordinator, Human Resources Manager as necessary to resolve any administrative or human resources issue in the field office.
- Maintain a complete and orderly filing system for all administrative and human resources documents.
- Assist the planning of field events and meetings to support Nascents’ FFE program.
- Provide secretarial services for the Project Staff from time to time.
- Undertakes other tasks ad deemed necessary in line with the goal of providing management support to the field office as assigned by Field Coordinator.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Higher National Diploma in clerical administration, HND in management, finance or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position and preferably with an INGO
- Ability to process, handle and communicate matters of a sensitive and confidential nature, ability to deal effectively with staff, clients, and external contacts at all levels.
- High degree of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, independence, reliability, adaptability, motivation, judgment, and flexibility.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent work relations in a team environment.
- Proven skills in delivering work through efficient and effective planning and administration, including demonstrated administrative abilities, organization, problem-solving, personnel management, analysis and decision making.
- Ability to handle concurrent activities, prioritize work, and work well under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Language competency is a requirement.
About Nascent Solutions
Nascent Solutions (Nascent) is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit international development organization. Its mission is to enable vulnerable people, especially women and children in rural Africa, to develop skills for self-sufficiency. The organization’s areas of focus are food security and nutrition, health, literacy and skills development, and gender equity.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter to Apply@nascents.org
Closing date for applications is December 3, 2018.