Nascent Solutions requires the services of Drivers (03) for its Food for Education project to be implemented in the North West, East, Adamaoua and North regions of Cameroon. The Drivers will work under the supervision of the Field Administrative Assistant and will be responsible for driving and maintaining the office vehicles.
Location: 03 Kumbo, 01 Yaounde, 02 Garoua and 01 Ngaoundere, Cameroon
Type of Employment: Salaried, full-time
Reporting: Reports to Nascent’s Field Administrative Assistants
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that cleanliness and technical functioning of the vehicles.
- Ensure security of vehicles when out on filed vision or out of the office premises
- Use route navigation apps where applicable to carry out official errands
- Ensure respect of Nascents’ driving and security policy as well as national traffic regulations;
- Transport office staff and partners in a professional manner
- Support in office errands
- Ensure routine maintenance of the vehicles
- Fill in vehicle log book on a daily basis
- Provide monthly report on state of vehicle
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum level of secondary education.
- Holder of Category B or D driver license
- At least three (5) years experience in the same position
- Experience working with international NGOs.
- Dynamic and humble with excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of the terrain where applying will be indispensable
- Willingness to work during weekends and at night as the need arises
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance
- Ability to speak at least one national language of Cameroon (English and French); knowledge of both will be an added advantage
About Nascent Solutions
Nascent Solutions (Nascent) is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit international development organization. Its mission is to enable vulnerable people, especially women and children in rural Africa, to develop skills for self-sufficiency. The organization’s areas of focus are food security and nutrition, health, literacy and skills development, and gender equity.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter to: Apply@nascents.org. Closing date for applications is December 8, 2018 but candidates are encouraged to apply early as we are looking to fill the position quickly.