Working directly under the supervision of the Country Finance Manager, the Accountant will be mainly responsible for overseeing the effective preparation of finance documents, review of advance justifications and submission of all finance records on a monthly basis to the Country Finance Manager.
Locations: Kumbo, Ngaoundere and Garoua, Cameroon
Type of Employment: Salaried, full-time
Reporting: Reports to Nascent’s Country Finance Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective implementation of office finance procedures and guidelines to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Prepare all advances to staff in line with Nascent’s procedures
- Review all justification for advances received and ensure advances are justified within the timeframes stipulated in Nascents’ finance policies.
- Manage the project petty cash
- Prepare checks and make the payment with the approval of the project manager and Finance and admin officer
- Code and record petty cash and check payment transactions
- Scan and upload all Finance documents
- Prepare and submit payment report with the scanned copies to the finance and Admin officer
- Assist the Finance and Admin Officer in daily financial transactions in compliance with NSI and donor policies.
- Plan and manage support services and resources to meet the needs of the programs.
- Undertakes other tasks ad deemed necessary in line with the goal of providing management support to the field office as assigned by Field Coordinator.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Higher National Diploma in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position and preferably with an INGO
- Ability to process, handle and communicate matters of a sensitive and confidential nature, ability to deal effectively with staff, clients, and external contacts at all levels.
- High degree of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, independence, reliability, adaptability, motivation, judgment, and flexibility.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent work relations in a team environment.
- Proven skills in delivering work through efficient and effective planning and administration, including demonstrated administrative abilities, organization, problem-solving, personnel management, analysis and decision making.
- Ability to handle concurrent activities, prioritize work, and work well under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Language competency is a requirement.
About Nascent Solutions
Nascent Solutions (Nascent) is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit international development organization. Its mission is to enable vulnerable people, especially women and children in rural Africa, to develop skills for self-sufficiency. The organization’s areas of focus are food security and nutrition, health, literacy and skills development, and gender equity.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter to: Apply@Nascents.org.
Closing date for applications is December 03, 2018.