Working directly under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Health and Nutrition Officer will be responsible for Nascent’s activities related to MCN, preventive health, WASH and promote positive behavior change in the area of good health, nutrition and dietary practices.
Location: Kumbo, Cameroon
Type of Employment: Salaried, full-time
Reporting: Reports to the Field Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Provide technical input on nutrition/health and hygiene training content as well as roll out the training
- Assess learning needs to target beneficiaries including pupils, teachers, PTA associations, and Village Health Committees, on the use of good health and dietary practices
- Work closely with Nascent field and partner staff to develop user-tailored curricula and training materials
- Identify and train community health workers to support project activities
- Provide support in nutrition activities including screening and growth monitoring and
- Collaborate with the program staff to ensure optimal use of health and hygiene practices
- Support the design sensitization campaigns that promote the use of good hygiene practices
- Train community health workers, and target beneficiaries on the use of good nutrition and health practices
- Create awareness on the importance of good nutrition practices on children and family health
- Promote collaboration with national, regional and local health professional in target countries and other local partners and advocate for policies that promote the use of good nutrition practices
- Follow up on nutrition programs and prepare reports for donors and stakeholders
- Work with health authorities to ensure regular immunization of pupils in project beneficiary schools
- Exceptional skills in capacity-building and training
- In-depth knowledge of nutrition and MCH issues
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time
- Excellent oral and written communication skills English and French
- Strong ability to think and plan strategically
- Self motivated and organized
- Ability and willingness to travel whenever need be
- Must have proven analytical / problem solving abilities.
- Independent thinker, ability to identify potential problems and offer solutions
- Computer proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel is a prerequisite
- A Degree or equivalent in Nutrition or Public Health.
- Four (4) years working experience in running nutrition and health interventions within an INGO environment
About Nascent Solutions
Nascent Solutions (Nascent) is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit international development organization. Its mission is to enable vulnerable people, especially women and children in rural Africa, to develop skills for self-sufficiency. The organization’s areas of focus are food security and nutrition, health, literacy and skills development, and gender equity.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter to: Apply@nascents.org. Closing date for applications is December 8, 2018.