Nascent Solutions is seeking a qualified M&E Officer to provide M&E technical direction, project management and contribute to business development.
Location: Kumbo, Cameroon
Type of Employment: Salaried, full-time
Travel: Approximately 15% travel for field work
Reporting: Reports to Nascent’s Program Manager; receives technical input from Nascent’s US-based Director of Monitoring and Evaluation
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for development programs, including hands-on practical experience setting up and managing M&E systems.
- Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data to measure the performance and impact of existing programs.
- Develop methodology, tools/protocols, and implement key informant interviews and focus groups.
- Contribute to developing tools for managing and visualizing data.
- Develop and monitor output and outcome indicators.
- Serve on evaluation assignments as technical expert.
- Write evaluation reports in accordance with clients and other donor evaluation policies and standards.
- Oversee and provide guidance to evaluation teams including guidance to the team leader and staff on client relations, evaluation activities, on-the-ground logistics, and budgets/expenses.
- Contribute technical expertise to new business initiatives including proposal development.
- Represent Nascent within professional fora.
Skills and Attributes
- Master’s degree in economics, statistics or other relevant subject with strong quantitative background
- 5+ years of experience in progressively increasing M&E responsibility in international development projects.
- Strong conceptual knowledge about theories of change, logic models, M&E plan, data quality assurance, data utilization, and gender integration into M&E.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in developing and operationalizing a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in developing and operationalizing routine monitoring system designed to track both output and outcome indicators.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing qualitative studies, in-depth knowledge about qualitative sampling, and experienced in using interview and interactive tools to generate qualitative information and analysis.
- Experience in training on M&E concepts.
- Experienced in developing data quality assurance strategies, data management, and data visualization.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in data utilization strategies and can creatively think about active data sharing techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Working knowledge of French.
- Demonstrated ability to work in physically and mentally challenging conditions.
- Highly self-motivated and autonomous; ability to work with little guidance.
- Ability to thrive in an informal, dynamic culture and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience supervising and mentoring people of various ability levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively in cross-cultural situations.
- Superior teamwork ability.
About Nascent Solutions
Nascent Solutions (Nascent) is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit international development organization. Its mission is to enable vulnerable people, especially women and children in rural Africa, to develop skills for self-sufficiency. The organization’s areas of focus are food security and nutrition, health, literacy and skills development, and gender equity.
Please submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Write “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer” in the subject line. CVs without cover letters will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is 3 December 2018, but candidates are encouraged to apply early as we are looking to fill the position quickly.