Nascent Solutions is seeking two qualified M&E Specialists to direct data collection, management, analysis, and quality control in their regions.
Location: Ngaoundere and Garoua, Cameroon
Type of Employment: Salaried, full-time
Travel: Approximately 15% travel for field work
Reporting: Reports to Nascent’s M&E Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for development programs, including hands-on practical experience setting up and managing M&E systems.
- Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data to measure the performance and impact of existing programs.
- Develop methodology, tools/protocols, and implement key informant interviews and focus groups.
- Contribute to developing tools for managing and visualizing data.
- Develop and monitor output and outcome indicators.
- Write evaluation reports in accordance with clients and other donor evaluation policies and standards.
Skills and Attributes
- Degree in economics, statistics or other relevant subject with strong quantitative background
- 2+ years of experience in progressively increasing M&E responsibility in international development projects.
- Experience in training on M&E concepts.
- Experienced in developing data quality assurance strategies, data management, and data visualization.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in data utilization strategies and can creatively think about active data sharing techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French.
- Demonstrated ability to work in physically and mentally challenging conditions.
- Highly self-motivated and autonomous; ability to work with little guidance.
- Ability to thrive in an informal, dynamic culture and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience supervising and mentoring people of various ability levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively in cross-cultural situations.
- Superior teamwork ability.
About Nascent Solutions
Nascent Solutions (Nascent) is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit international development organization. Its mission is to enable vulnerable people, especially women and children in rural Africa, to develop skills for self-sufficiency. The organization’s areas of focus are food security and nutrition, health, literacy and skills development, and gender equity.
Please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write “Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists” in the subject line. CVs without cover letters will not be considered. Closing date for applications is 8 December 2018, but candidates are encouraged to apply early as we are looking to fill the position quickly.