Summary of the Position
Nascent Solutions is seeking a dynamic Office Manager to take responsibility of the smooth running of our growing non-profit organization located in Alexandria, VA. The Office Manager who is highly organized and multi-tasker is responsible for ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness and communication. He/She is responsible for establishing and maintaining office protocols, procedures, and supply inventory control. The Office Manager also serves as an executive assistant to the CEO and coordinates team work travels locally and internationally.
Location: Alexandria, Virginia Type of Employment: Full-time position
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide executive support including managing the CEO’s schedule, prioritizing appointments and other activities;
- Perform a variety of administrative duties including answering and directing phone calls, scheduling meetings and appointments;
- Monitor incoming and outgoing correspondence to ensure proper dissemination of information and deadlines are met;
- Assist with domestic and international travels including visa applications, flight, hotel, procurement and travel expense reconciliation;
- Generate expense reports and corporate credit card charges for travel and others to ensure timely and accurate reimbursement and verify payment to corporate credit cards;
- Maintain supplies and equipment inventory by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies for the office and kitchen; verifying receipt of supplies;
- Assist with new hire orientation and maintain personnel records including time sheets and other employee benefits.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business management or related field;
- Minimum five years of experience in office management/administration;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and analytical and organizational skills including ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Exceptional time management skills, with the ability to deliver under tight deadlines;
- Great attention to detail and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks;
- Highly self-motivated and autonomous; ability to work with little guidance;
- Willingness and ability to undertake a broad range of tasks as necessary in a small, growing organization;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player within cross-cultural teams;
- Experience in international development is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, CV and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Office Manager” in the email subject line. CVs without cover letters will not be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date for applications is December 3, 2018.
Nascent Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, or political affiliation.
About Nascent Solutions
Nascent Solutions (Nascent) is a Virginia-based 501(c)(3) non-profit international development organization. Its mission is to enable vulnerable people, especially women and children in rural Africa, to develop skills for self-sufficiency. The organization’s areas of focus are food security and nutrition, health, education and skills development, and gender equity.
Nascent offers employees a competitive compensation package, including health insurance, paid vacation, 401(k), and a professional development stipend.