Summary of the Position
Nascent is seeking a Program Development and Implementation Manager with significant business development and program management experience to design and coordinate programs and activities from the Headquarters office. Working in close collaboration with senior management, the Program Development and Implementation Manager will be responsible for coordinating new business development activities, and developing and implementing proposal development systems and processes. This role will additionally support current activities in our portfolio, managing programs to ensure that they are implemented on-time, within budget, and in accordance with donor regulations, and serving as a liaison to field offices, partners, and other stakeholders.
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, USA Type of Employment: Salaried, Full-time position Reporting Line: This position reports to the President and CEO
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
New Business Development
- In collaboration with senior management and technical teams, take lead in identifying new business opportunities with USG (USAID, USDA, DoS), other bilateral, and private sector (corporate and foundation) donors;
- Research, track, and analyze opportunities: lead pre-positioning and pre-solicitation activities for specific opportunities, including coordinating and contributing to capture teams;
- Lead proposal development and response efforts, serving as the main point of contact and coordinating technical, cost, staffing, partnering, and operational teams;
- Coordinate and assist in the development of concept notes, letters of interest, and solicitation responses for contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements.
- Provide input into and facilitate the coordination of strategic initiatives for Nascent’s forward market in key regions and technical areas;
- Lead the development of concise, client- and partner-facing documents that demonstrate Nascent’s value-add;
- Assist with the coordination of processes to ensure timely submission of high quality proposals that are responsive to donor requirements, and lead efforts to improve and ensure quality assurance for new business development;
- Co-develop and update tools, templates and processes that guide the proposal process in an efficient manner, and contribute to other documents in support of institutional needs;
- Represent Nascent Solutions at conferences, career fairs, and other industry events.
Program Management & Implementation
- Provide project management leadership and technical support across Nascent’s portfolio; support by monitoring annual work-plans activities progress, supporting country teams achieve project deliverables, technical preparation of donor reports throughout program cycle and budget;
- Support country teams through coordination between programs and operations to ensure that project requests are processed in a timely manner and in accordance to project objectives and donor standards;
- Ensure sub-awardees agreements and contracts compliance with support from senior management;
- Collaborate with the communications team to increase Nascent’s programs visibility;
- Build capacity of field staff by assessing and addressing project management training needs.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, business administration, international relations, or a related discipline, with a Master’s degree preferred;
- 5+ years of experience in the management of donor-funded international development activities, preferably in support of programming in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in multi-sectoral business or proposal development, preferably for US government awards;
- Knowledge of US government award mechanisms, and procurement rules and regulations;
- Experience in preparing project reports and work-plans and other design documents;
- Experience supervising and mentoring home and field office staff of various ability levels is preferred;
- Knowledge of and networks within the international development community;
- Excellent communication skills, written, and oral proficiency in English, with proficiency in a foreign language highly desirable;
- Exceptional time management skills, with the ability to deliver under tight deadlines;
- Highly self-motivated and autonomous; ability to work with little guidance;
- Willingness and ability to undertake a broad range of tasks as necessary in a small, growing organization;
- Ability to communicate effectively in multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural teams;
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally 15% of the time.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include “Program Development and Implementation Manager” in the email subject line. CVs without cover letters will not be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date for applications is November 30, 2018.
Current work authorization in the United States is required. Unfortunately, we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Nascent Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, or political affiliation.
About Nascent Solutions
Nascent Solutions (Nascent) is a Virginia-based 501(c)(3) non-profit international development organization. Its mission is to enable vulnerable people, especially women and children in rural Africa, to develop skills for self-sufficiency. The organization’s areas of focus are food security and nutrition, health, education and skills development, and gender equity.
Nascent offers employees a competitive compensation package, including health insurance, paid vacation, 401(k), and a professional development stipend.