Working directly under the supervision of the Country Director, the Program Manager (PM) will serve as Food for Education program focal point for coordination, implementation and reporting with the goal of fostering Nascents’ national strategy. The PM will advise management on the evolution of national political, social and economic factors that impact the Project as well as Nascents’ focus areas. The PM will provide strategic guidance on how to continuously adapt the program to ensure that it remains coordinated and relevant, effective and immediately takes advantage of windows of programming opportunities as they arise within the context of Nascents’ business development strategy.
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Type of Employment: Salaried, full-time
Reporting: Reports to Nascent’s Country Director
Duties and Responsibilities
The PM will work towards the achievement of goals and targets established by Nascents’ business development team. S/he will ensure that all processes comply with existing international development regulations, and Nascents’ policies and procedures. The position will coordinate closely with Grants and Finance, to ensure adequate operational support to field level activities and oversee timely and compliant program and grants management processes. The PM will coordinate with both the Monitoring & Evaluation team and field technical staff to ensure that lessons learned are captured and incorporated region-wide.
- Contribute to the overall country program development strategy through constant news monitoring, contacting potential partners, other donors, and private donors
- Coordinate activities in support of resource mobilization for Nascents’ country program
- Coordinate processes and pipeline of regional-level activity development
- Assist Field Coordinators in overseeing the programmatic implementation and monitoring of each field-level activity in coordination with providers, Consultants, regional partners, and program staff;
- Support field procurement award processes to ensure that activity deliverables are achieved, including drafting scopes of work for service providers and implementing partners, evaluating and technical deliverables and setting deadlines to ensure on-time delivery of project outputs;
- Assist Nascent in gathering lessons learned from the various programs’ M&E teams and periodically propose ways to integrate this into the program and ensure lessons learned from other programs are incorporated across the Cameroon program, resulting in overall improved project design;
- Follow up on Nascents’ sustainability strategy and enhance buy-in of project stakeholders through the development of models that can render Nascents’ strategy more attractive and of added value to their partners.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of ten (10) years professional experience working in complex and challenging field operational contexts;
- University degree in sociology, education, political science, agro-economics, law, international development or other related social sciences field is required; Master’s desired;
- Prior experience with international development organizations, particularly food aid programs that have both national and community-level engagement is required;
- Familiarity with policies and procedures in regard to financial management, financial reporting, procurement processes, systems and grants management at international organizations is required;
- Willingness to travel as and when the need arises,
- Strong analytical, organizational and communications capacity; and
- Fluency in oral and written communication skills in both French and English language
About Nascent Solutions
Nascent Solutions (Nascent) is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit international development organization. Its mission is to enable vulnerable people, especially women and children in rural Africa, to develop skills for self-sufficiency. The organization’s areas of focus are food security and nutrition, health, literacy and skills development, and gender equity.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter to: Apply@nascents.org. Closing date for applications is December 8, 2018, but candidates are encouraged to apply early as we are looking to fill the position quickly.