Nascent Solutions requires the services of School Feeding Officers (SFO) for its Food for Education project to be implemented in the North West, East, Adamaoua and North regions of Cameroon. The SFO will work under the supervision of the Field Coordinator and will be responsible for supporting activities to promote provision of school meals in a sustainable manner.
Location: Kumbo, Garoua and Ngaoundere, Cameroon
Type of Employment: Salaried, full-time
Reporting: Reports to Nascent’s Field Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all stakeholders understand the procedures and processes of the school feeding program and the roles they will play to facilitate the achievement of the desired results
- Sensitize the project communities on the importance of school feeding to the child’s growth and academic performance
- Liaise with the other competent field staff in collaboration with ethe Field Coordinator to ensure that each target school has the adequate infrastructure, equipment and tools to facilitate the preparation and serving of daily school meals
- Organize and coordinate the training of school feeding committee members and field staff on the putting in place of daily school meals program in a way as not to distort but boost academic performance
- Collaborate with the health and Nutrition officer to develop manuals and train the cooks, teacher and PTA on the use of good hygiene and food preparation practices
- Collaborate with the Field monitors to follow up and support the school feeding teams in each school as needed
- Train school committee, PTA on tracking and recording school feeding activities
- Prepare and submit monthly activity reports
- Capture success stories on school feeding and its impact on the children and parents
- Collaborate with the school feeding committees and school authorities to ensure that food is regularly supplied to the schools.
- Must have a First Degree in social sciences, nutrition, management or other relevant qualification
- At least 5 years of experience working on food aid projects
- Experience in school feeding project will be a good advantage
- Experience in training, working with and supervising adults
- Computer knowledge with proven skills in MS Office package
- Demonstrate good knowledge of local population and experience working in the school environment
- Dependable, honest and respectful
- Proficiency in English and French
- Good knowledge of the target region
- Willingness to travel and to work under pressure
About Nascent Solutions
Nascent Solutions (Nascent) is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit international development organization. Its mission is to enable vulnerable people, especially women and children in rural Africa, to develop skills for self-sufficiency. The organization’s areas of focus are food security and nutrition, health, literacy and skills development, and gender equity.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter to: Apply@nascents.org
Closing date for applications is December 3, 2018. but candidates are encouraged to apply early as we are looking to fill the position quickly.