The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the commodities at the Nascent warehouse, as well as take stock and track the movement of all commodities into and out of the warehouse. S/he will manage all activities within the warehouse and report accordingly through a well-structured accounting system on stock management.
Location: Bertoua, Kumbo, Garoua & Ngaoundere, Cameroon
Type of Employment: Salaried, full-time
Reporting: Reports to Nascent’s Commodity Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
The warehouse manager is responsible for the reception, storage, and distribution of commodities. S/he is will oversee the warehouse management, maintenance, supervision and record keeping based on Nascent Solutions and USDA rules and procedures.
S/he will inform his Supervisor(s) (through a reporting system) of the general status of the USDA Commodities and the warehouse and make recommendations for improvements where necessary.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Manage all activities of the warehouse regarding receipt, storage and dispatches, etc.
- Verify the quantities and weight of commodities released from the transportation companies into the warehouse.
- Observe the FIFO (first in first out) rule to ensure that commodities first received are the ones dispatched first.
- Instruct laborers on proper stacking and storage procedures of all commodities by packing in such a manner as to facilitate counting and inventory taking.
- Keep warehouse commodity ledger up to date, with all transactions being recorded on a daily basis, according to classification, PL#, and commodity type.
- Ensure cleanliness of the warehouse and its surroundings
- Immediately report to the Commodity Manager upon the discovery of damaged commodities, pilferage, weevil detection or rat infestation for necessary action.
- Participate in the preparation and finalization of Commodity movement forms including waybills; Inventory Report and Loss Reports.
- Patrol warehouse, performs daily warehouse inventory and inspection with the Commodity Manager; take part in the monthly Physical Inventory.
- Prepare and submit a monthly status report on activities in the warehouse, including receipts, dispatches, burglaries and other discrepancies to the Commodity Manager and make recommendations for improvements where necessary.
- Properly register any movement of commodities in the stock cards and the ledgers without cancellations.
- Supervise the exact loading of the commodities from the warehouse to the schools and have all parties signed the appropriate documents.
- Maintain a good filing system of the documents in the warehouse
- Assist the commodity manager in the drafting of monthly and quarterly reports
- Avoid complicity and fraud on commodity under his/her responsibility
- Perform other duties as designated by the Commodity Manager and Country Director.
- A Bachelors Degree or its equivalent in any of the social sciences: Economics, Management or Statistics.
- At least three (3) years experience in warehouse management.
- Experience in US Government Food Warehouse Management (regulation 1499 and 1599) is preferred.
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Knowledge of English and French languages
- Good reporting skills
- Ability to organize & supervise
- Good team working skills
- Ability to work under difficult circumstances.
- Honest and fair in judgment
- Knowledge of computer word-processing and spreadsheets as well as other MS Office tools.
About Nascent Solutions
Nascent Solutions (Nascent) is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit international development organization. Its mission is to enable vulnerable people, especially women and children in rural Africa, to develop skills for self-sufficiency. The organization’s areas of focus are food security and nutrition, health, literacy and skills development, and gender equity.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter to: Apply@nascents.org. Closing date for applications is November 1, 2018. but candidates are encouraged to apply early as we are looking to fill the position quickly.