Working directly under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Water Construction Assistant will be directly responsible for Nascent’s water supply component using the solar-powered borehole water supply.
Location: Kumbo, Cameroon
Type of Employment: Salaried, full-time
Reporting: Reports to Nascent’s Field Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Develop, in conjunction with the sub-contractor, a work-plan to survey and choose borehole construction site based on maximal envisaged yields
- Train the other support laborers on the use of the drilling rig
- Ensure regular servicing of the drilling rig as per recommended standards
- Follow up and supervise on-going work at various sites to ensure quality is not compromised
- Mobilize the beneficiary communities to support the drilling team during borehole construction
- Work with Nascent’s admin team to review technical and financial offers from third parties related to water works
- Assist in the training of local technicians on minor repairs for boreholes
- Participate in the technical reception of all boreholes constructed by Nascent
- Liaise with the competent government services for quality certification of water harvested through the boreholes constructed.
- Work with the technical team to develop training manuals and roll out training to beneficiary communities
- Carry out any other functions as might be assigned by the Field Coordinator
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing borehole water provision
- Experience in reviewing borehole construction technical work plans
- Diploma in community mobilization and or management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of clearing and forwarding procedures in Cameroon.
- Knowledge of English and French
- Excellent interpersonal and representation skills
- Self-motivated and organized
- Ability and willingness to travel whenever need be
- Must have proven analytical / problem solving abilities.
- Independent thinker, ability to identify potential problems and offer solutions
About Nascent Solutions
Nascent Solutions (Nascent) is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit international development organization. Its mission is to enable vulnerable people, especially women and children in rural Africa, to develop skills for self-sufficiency. The organization’s areas of focus are food security and nutrition, health, literacy and skills development, and gender equity.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter to: Apply@nascents.org. Closing date for applications is December 10, 2018.